2022 Event Date & Location
Saturday, August 6, 2022
Location: Oconaluftee River Islands Park 86 Tsali Blvd, Cherokee, NC.
Additional Parking- 399 Acquoni Rd in Cherokee, NC
Times: 6:00a – 2:00p
Ages: For all children ages 3 – 11
We provide fishing poles, bait, t-shirts, a chance for prizes, and much more to pre-registered participants. This is a fun, family event where all children between the ages of 3-11 can enjoy a day of fishing in Cherokee. You must pre-register either Friday or Saturday to participate. See details below.
Pre-Register Friday, August 5!
Guarantees your child will get gear Saturday morning, if you are in line by 8 AM. No tickets given out after 10:00 am on Saturday.
Location: Cherokee Fairgrounds, 545 Tsali Blvd., Cherokee, NC
Time: 10:00a – 6:00p
This year we will not be having food & games during pre-registration. Instead, we ask that you register and not remain. Thank you for understanding.
Ages: Children ages 3 – 11
Forms to Complete
Tips and Reminders
Tips and Reminders:
– 5 Trout Limit per registered child
– Free bait & tackle while supplies last
– You can bring your own bait & tackle but no Treble Hooks Allowed!
– Children and Parents should wear water-friendly shoes and shorts.
– Bring towels, snacks for the family, a cooler for fish and portable chairs.
– For pre-registered children ages 3 – 11
This event is accessible to Children with Disabilities.